FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER Closing date: 31st January 2016
Date of issuance: 19th January 2016
Job Grade: Senior Management
Location Duty station: Nairobi
Organization: The Youth Agenda
Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer
__________________________________________________________________________- Job Summary
Youth Agenda is looking for a Finance and Administration Officer to provide strategic leadership and management of a department responsible for administrative and financial functions.
Overall, the Finance and Administration Duties and Responsibilities will include:
1. Mobilisation and Management of Youth Agenda Financial Resources including the process of budgeting, fundraising, monitoring/ tracking, managing non profit business model and reporting.
2. Provide sound advice on the financial operation and necessary intervention to ensure the successful management of the institutional resources
3. To be the custodian of the organization assets and to ensure proper employment of these resource for the intended purpose
4. Follow up donor and investors commitments to ensure timely disbursement of funding and reports
5. Ensure that operational procedures and policies are followed and where necessary update the systems, policies and procedures.
6. Designing and ensuring implementation and compliance with internal control systems
7. Coordinate, prepare and implement monthly, quarterly, bi- annual and annual financial reports
8. Be responsible for development and budget section of YAA Strategic and
9. Responsible for managing YAA non profit business model
10. Build the capacity of non financial staff in basic financial management skills
11. Identify and recommend to the Management through the Chief Executive new opportunities, systems, procedures and processes for Organisation Development
12. Ensure compliance with Laws of Kenya and statutory requirements.
13. Leading the process of preparation for and coordination of the organisations audit and implementing the recommendations
14. Procurement of supplies and services required in the organisation
15. Preparation and processing of payment vouchers, cheques, payroll and statutory returns
16. Maintenance of all financial records and registers
17. Performing any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer so as to effectively and efficiently manage the organization.
Critical Technical Skills and competencies
· Experience in management of funds from multiples of donors, preparation of balance
sheets and budgets, also experience in the preparation and accomplishing financial annual audits;
· Experience in resource mobilisation and organisation development;
· Good understanding of fundamental financial, Human Resources and administrative
policies and procedures and/or proven record of effective management of people and resources, including planning and organizational skills;
· Ability to interpret financial procedures and standards and their application;
· Proven knowledge of computerized systems and demonstrated experience of
working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets;
· Ability to work independently and leverage limited resources and staff for maximum
· Business and Entrepreneurial skills
· Good personal organization skills, accuracy and attention to detail required.
· Candidates must have in their possession a University degree in any of the following
disciplines: Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, Management, Finance or related field;
· Postgraduate qualifications is an added advantage;
· Experience in implementing financial control systems in a busy non-profit
organization is desirable;
· Candidates must have at least 3 years of relevant working experience in financial
resources and fund management;
· Candidates must have an excellent command and use of computer software.
Terms of Employment
This is a senior management position and competitive remuneration will be provided commensurate to the qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position will evolve. Responsibilities and job description may be reviewed and refined with changing needs.
Applicants should send a cover letter expressing their interest and expectations from the position and curriculum vitae with contact details of three professional referees by 31st January 2016 to: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org